Welcome new bikers

Hello everyone,

My name is Alec Davis. My whole life has revolved around the outdoors ever since I was a kid. My dad started me at three years old with fishing out of a small pond in our old neighborhood with only a can of corn to use as bait. As I got older I went out on my own and started learning everything I could about outdoor hobbies. I learned to hunt, camp, kayak, mountain climb, anything that can get me an adrenaline rush. Although my latest adventure has taken me to the world of mountain biking. It started with me scrolling around craigslist looking to see if there was anything interesting for sale. I came across a post from an old metal scrap yard near Dodge City out in western Kansas. It had some interesting stuff on there that they were give away for free. One of the items was an old mongoose mountain bike from the late 90's that was perfectly fine. Nothing was wrong with it. I brought it home and tried it on a few trails here in Topeka and had a blast with it. I didn't want to take it on my Colorado trip last year because I was afraid it would get stolen. I rented a really nice mountain bike when I got there and experience real mountain biking for the first time. From then I knew this would be my next adventure. Two weeks ago from this date I bought my first bike from Capp's Bike Shop located right here in town and have only had a chance to ride it once. It is a mountain trail hybrid made by Trek called the Roscoe 7.  So this blog is going to be about what I think about different mountain bike trails around Kansas as my adventure with my new bike progresses throughout this semester and teaching new riders can get started mountain biking on a budget and informing them about certain aspects of the bike.


Comments

  1. My parents and I sometimes went cycling when I was a child, so I really want to know mountain bike trails around Kansas and how beautiful Kansas is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried mountain biking before, so I'm really excited to learn more about it! I can't wait to find out where the best places to mountain bike are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment